Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Walk In the Woods

Last Saturday, desperate to stay awake in the afternoon
after having woken up early for dance
I took it upon me to explore the
Cosmeston Lakes Country Park

Where the swans, as you will see,
towered over some toddlers






Then I went and watched The Dreamgirls which
I found so-so, some parts were too draggy,some lacklustre
Beyonce is gorgeous though
but it did pique my curiosity on the whole
Diana Ross & the Supremes thing
so I went and wiki-ed it.

6.5/10 as rated by moi.

Also watched Perfume ages ago in London with the Bee
now the book was awesome
the movie may be slightly weird if you haven't read the book
but then again, reading the book, you would
find that weird too
so yes, Perfume 8.5/10

Film reviewing konon.

Can't you just tell I have nothing to blog about?
Can't you just tell I am bored shitless?
I am.

Today I am.
I feel like since its not cold
and snow has only tempted us
spring should come.

In my room the tulips are abloom
I want to wear my flip-flops without toe socks,
I want to wear my tubes and skirts and sandals
I don't want my jumper, my jacket, my scarf.

I woke up this morning and thought 'Parsnips!'
So now I sit here in the kitchen, (9.30am) parsnips
roasting in the oven
in the vegetable basket the roman artichokes
have been waiting to be cooked

A pot of leftovers from
chicken slow cooked in wine with root vegetables
warms on the stovetop, for my lunch

The christmas cake sits on the counter
60% left, marzipan, icing, dried rummy fruit goodness
that I cannot bring myself to indulge in.

I do ramble.

Well, looks like I'll be spending the CNY week in London
6 days in London. 6 weeks of pay gone? :O

Over & out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely view of the 1st picture....NOT!

Lucky you to be celebrating CNY in London. Can you bring me back kuih kapit? hehe Been extremely bored/restless myself. *sigh*

Eaglet said...

Haha I thought the view was very 'geli' too. I am bored and restless beyond belief! We should so do something. Kuih Kapit from where?

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics.



Yup. That's all you're getting.

Eaglet said...

Bardy: OMG why are you denying me????!!?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Here you go... *SQUEAL SQUEAL SQUEAL* (with delight of course...my pig impersonation is different...trust me.)

...that's all I got.