Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Old Age Setting In

I just moisturised my face twice
because I forgot within the space of 5 minutes.
Wouldn't be so bad if moisturiser was cheap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched the film of the Broadway musical Rent
on Sunday, it was very very good
its adapted from Puccini's La Boheme, which
I went to see last year

Rent is so good, its about bohemians of course
a group of friends living with AIDs.
One in particular, brings them all together, shows the
the meaning of love, generosity and life,
then, as is the norm in operas, dies.

The others are devastated yet not enough to
let go of trivialities that tear their friendships and relationships
apart, in the end the learn.
damn good,watch it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tomorrow evening we're having steamed fish
rice and vegetables, is that ok?" I ask Dadman
as he is sorting out the laundry

"Sounds fine. Now really when it comes to ironing,
ignore the underthings and socks and etc.."

"What?I've been ironing boxers for MONTHS!"

He laughs. I walk off.
I can here him mumbling on in the laundry room

"Yes, make sure my socks are done to sharp corners
*chuckle chuckle*
Aja, I think you need to iron this face towel too!"

I ignore him. Later he comes and opens the fridge
"Ah, someone is on a health-kick, " he announces

"What makes you say that?Anyway, its a good thing!"

"Well, judging from the piles of Shape in the fridge..."

Oh gosh I can tell, its going to be so hard
in this house with good, rib-sticking
food accosting me from every corner and
this kind of teasing.

Plastic surgery, lipo, now there's an option.
Hah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

babeee .. i've been telling you to watch rent for ages .. good right?
that's the song i always sing on the piano la ..
5 hundred 25 thousand 6 hundred minutes .. :)
I still prefer the play though ;)

Eaglet said...

Got meh?Got meh?Got me? Where got?