Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Under Pale Moonlight

Leyna has an interesting message on her
MSN that I always ponder
it goes " Sometimes I wish I never met you, because then
I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone
like you out there."

And this applies to me in some ways
(not the wish I never met part....though life would be easier (; )
but really, it is much harder to sleep at night knowing
that there is someone out there
whose puzzle pieces fit into mine,

who will put up with my being bossy and anal

who does up every single button in my coat and then
knots my scarf around my neck, making sure I am
warm

and makes sure that my gloves are in his
pocket incase my hands get cold

who makes sure that each of my toes
are snug in my toesocks when we go out, then
tugs off my boots for me every time we come in


who makes me coffee in the mornings
(even though its all wrong)

who makes me laugh like a deranged
psychopath, and makes me cry like
a child, and cries with me

who knows that when I say "I'm getting hungry"
he has to feed me quick or I'll be grouchy

and does the washing up when I've cooked
and massages my back when I ache

Who knows I need to plan and be in control, yet knows
how to put his foot down and take the reins when needed

Someone whose eyes snap open at night the moment mine do
whether is 3 am, 4 am or 6 am, every night
just so we can say 'I love you' and go back to sleep

someone who says "watch your step" every step
even though there are forty(thousand) steps

who takes the hair ties out of my hair
when I fall asleep with them on

someone who gladly dances with me
and sings to me, always

someone who knows me so well, that he has me figured out
even before I have figured out myself

someone so endlessly patient and gentle with me
despite looking the opposite

And really, it is so much harder to sleep knowing that
that someone is out there, but not with me.

Still, at least he exists, somewhere out there
beneath the pale moonlight.

These kind of things always come to you when you
least expect, when you start to think you can do without
they take you by surprise, take your breath away
everyday.

Thank you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really beautiful. I haven't remember ever heard a more eloquent definition of a soulmate, than this.

Eaglet said...

Funnily enough, describing us as 'soulmates' never occured to me. But I suppose we come pretty close (=