Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cheet-Shaat

Simultaneous conversations today:

A chinaman chef in Sydney
"Why doesn't anyone have escargot with pasta?"
I ask
"Hmm yes, why not?"
"Yes, with garlicky, basilly pesto!"
"herb butter!" he butts in

I tell him I want to tell him about the menus that
I have dreamt about but I am shy cos he's gone
'pro' and uses words like timbale, paupiette and gaufrette

He tells me not to mock him
and we sling food ideas back and forth
like we're playing tennis.

On the other end a middle-aged, bald, rotund(not) American man
is bragging into my face
telling me that he will be having sex in london
and I will not

On yet another a scotsman in Malaysia is moaning
that he has worked 40 days straight and that there
has been a recent influx of ugly women into the company
that "I need a shag!" then switches to
musing about humanity
"How many people live? How many just exist, belle?

I reply with a
"More people exist than truly live. Some can't afford to, some don't know
how to and for still others, it just doesn't figure into
their reality"
phhwooooaarr like so smart like that.

A random Danish guy wants to know where I plan to move
to next, and warns me that having a long-distance relationship
change to an everyday one could be very different.

As if I don't know.

On the phone I have 3 people in succession
the last bitches about the boys on myspace wanting
to get-to-know me
but doesn't seem to know that he is the only
boy I want to get-to-know

A friend moans about their life partner
and their lack of understanding, narrow-mindedness
inability to accept certain situations in life
I burst into laughter when she says,
"He's just...special like that, a special person."

Like William Hung's mother always
told him he was special.

On yet another channel, my cousin wants to know
which is closer to KL Plaza?
Ampang or Bangsar?
Which is safer to live in?

Damn tiring right?
All that, just sitting down and turning the computer on
with my phone next to me.

1 comment:

Eaglet said...

Very very very very BIG.