Friday, January 26, 2007

The Personification of Frustration

My weekday routine is pretty simple.

I wake up at 7 am when Dadman is about to leave
and listen as he shuts the front door upstairs
then revs his car engine.

Then I listen for YM, who, (if I am especially tired
and am not awoken by Dadman)
is sure to wake me with his clomping down the stairs
and banging about in the kitchen.

I wait in bed for YM to finish, clomp upstairs,
then I get out of bed, tired as - - - -
and wash up, then take YM to school.

An hour later, I am home
I have some toast
(quite a feat! as you will see from the video below)
from the loaf that I so lovingly cradle
when I bring it back, fresh and warm from the baker's
I have a cup o tea, then I get back into bed
check my emails, and then I sleep.

Between 12.30-1pm I start in bed and go
"Shit! what's the time?"
then I grab the phone and wake someone up for work.

After this, I make myself some superstrength coffee
some lunch, I eat, I write a bit
then I do my chores, or go and exercise
or walk about town.

Then I pick the YM up.
Then I come home, cook dinner if I feel like it
then I have a scalding bath, then I watch a movie in bed
and sleep at about 11-12.

Between 4am-6am I am up again
putting someone else to sleep
and the next thing I know, Dadman
is shutting the front door again.

So you see, my sleep between 9am-1pm each day
is crucial.
CRUCIAL I tell you, to the smooth-runningness
of my day and that of those around me.

And today I came home,
ate that damn toast that's so hard to get toasted
got into bed and tried to sleep.

Cannot.

Somemore with my laptop beside me
and wi-fi, I get so easily distracted,
lying there trying to sleep when suddenly a thought!
and I Google it.

Then I toss and turn , then a thought!
Google it.

Finally I got sick with my own inability to sleep
(and concentrate on trying to!)
so I put my laptop away
and tossed
and turned

and finally at 11 am, I jumped out of bed and said
"Fuck it!" then I looked up at the sky
and said " Fine, if you want me to go around
sleepy and grouchy and moody all day, FINE!"

And here I bloody am.

No comments: