Sunday, January 07, 2007

Fitted Sheets

Are a real bitch if you have to iron them
goddamn, do I hate ironing fitted sheets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chocolate. Is everywhere in this house.
I brought handmade marzipan and liquor filled chocs from Prague
Upstairs we have 2 gargantuan boxes from Hotel Chocolat
by the fruit bowl we have a box of chocolate filled with turkish delight
and just now, on the kitchen, an open box
of baileys cream chocolates
"This is not fair!" I annouced to Dadman as I walked by
and automatically popped one in my mouth
"We can't have open boxes tempting us at every turn."
He merely chuckled and handed me another.

Hey would you look at that?
No tears today, go me!

I think that is partly attributed to the fact that
last night/this morning I finally told the truth about something
thats been clawing its way out of my skin
for months.

You know how sometimes, you don't want to lie
but its the best thing to do at that particular time
because you yourself don't know what the
hell is going on inside of you
and you don't want to cause other people stress?

Anyway I'm relieved, its such a huge burden off my chest
but I know its not over yet.

I was thinking,
I have never mentioned new year's resolutions
never been one to make or even think about them
why? Is there nothing that I would want to change
or do better in my life?

Hmmm.

I'd like to think I am trying continuously
thats why there's no need for a resolution.
~~~~~~~~~~

10 days in the Czech Republic and you know what the one
thing I was craving immensely when I came back to the UK?
A cup of tea.

But taking the trip made me realise one thing
that's pivotal in my decision-making for the coming year
I am not ready to give this up yet, other countries.

In the hostel, I listened to conversation buzz
around me, all these transients
spending the festive season away from home,
choosing the thrill of travel
'Where are you going next?' the frequent question
Split, Wroclaw, Bucharest,
Istanbul, Como
The oohs and ahhs, the bubble of advice, recognition from those
who have been, the interest from those who haven't

Though I miss home, I miss my family
my girlfriends, I am definitely not ready to come home
for an extended period of time
even if Penang is now becoming damn cosmo
with its Beard Papas and Chillis and TGIF etc (=

But I really hope all that doesn't overshadow
or crush its old-school charm, its what I love best
the living breathing heart of Penang.

There is no better time than now.

No comments: