Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Day with the YM

I hardly sleep the night but only get out of bed at 11
(well technically I got out at 9 to
lug the bare Christmas trees out for disposal)

As soon as I go upstairs YM pounces on me,
shoving a sheaf of hand-drawn comics into my hands
it is entitled "The Burka Babes"
and covers things like "How to look sexy in a Burka"
"Other uses for a burka" (Post box etc)
and the like, politically very incorrect
but oh-so hilarious

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Because Dadman is forgetful

YM has made me write out and sign a contract for the procurement of
theatre tickets next July
"But I won't be here!" exclaim I
"Yes I know!" he yells

then the tone changes.

"Please please please

can't you just stay longer? An extra 3 months?"

I feel horrid.

Then I say,"No YM, I really have to go home
and spend time with my family and friends before I am off again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later we are off in search of a Japanese restaurant that
Leyna introduced me too
I know roughly where it is, but he has the
map and insists that I trust him and let him
navigate.

"Right, where do we go then?"

"Straight," says he. "Then when you get to the end,
go straighty lefty."

:O
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have had an absolutely massive japanese meal
sushi, sashimi, teriyaki, seafood cha-han
and then we drive to the cinema
the Santa Ana equivalent (cept we have no dessert)
is just about blowing me off my feet
its so hard to even get the car door open

When we get in, YM asks if he can have a drink
"Yup as long as its not sugary," I say
"Diet Coke, or water or non-sugar added juice or something,"

YM pouts, I know what he wants
an ice-blast or slush or whatever but I am not having it
I know he can't be hungry or thirsty as we just had a meal.

"Fine, don't want anything if you won't let me
have what I want, even if what I want is cheaper" he says

"I dont care if its cheaper, you don't need it."

There's Aja putting her foot down.

Later, we sit in the dark cinema
"I'll die of thirst just to spite you," he whispers
and proceeds to croak, cough and clear his throat through
the trailers.

And really, I know my leaving is far away
but I am going to miss this kid (oops, young man, I mean)

No comments: