Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Good Day

YM and I woke up early
setting off to his half-sister's house
where his 2 nieces & nephew (plus a friend\s baby) awaited

I found myself in the pool
tossing 3-year old Garraint to Ben

Doing (water)handstands with 11 year old Hannah

Picking blackberries with 9 year old Sarah

and bouncing 8 month old Katie on my hip

then we came home, completely wrecked
watched a movie while Dadman cooked
a dinner of Mediterranean sausages, polenta
(I made salad and drank wine)
then wrote a piece about my grandmothers.

So, kids, good food, wine and writing
velly good day indeed.

Tomorrow in conjuction with Merdeka
I will introduce them to Malaysian Chicken Curry
I can't wait!

3 comments:

Julsgp said...

curry chicken curry chicken taste soo good .. :P

wonder if they would cry :S

Anonymous said...

What bout grandmas?

Which is Malaysian Chook curry ?

Funny, I wanted a restaurant, close knit family though not a home for underpriviledged kids...no restaurant, no close knit family ...working on it...and a home for dogs and I really mean dogs...

Relish your holiday whilst you can. Intended epitaph is the reason for needing one.

Eaglet said...

Juls: Yes lah, curry chicken verry good. They loved it, said it was too spicy though.

Anon (who sounds like my father): Chook Curry is Allagappa's Meat Curry Mix, meat potatooes, ground shallots and etc, palatable indeed, especially when faced with the stuff the stores try and pass off as curry. Also introduced them to Kway Teow Th'ng and poached chicken.

About my grandmothers sharing a birthday, sort of tribute since I wont be there.

Holiday? I am not on a holiday! This is the way I've chosen to live my life. Less stressful than others but definately not a holiday. Its just different from the average joe's 9-5 and I think a lot of people have trouble accepting that. Besides, had enough stress to last me a life-time.

My goals are definately attainable (=