Wednesday, August 23, 2006

London Day 2

We awaken early (but not early enough to keep lunch plans)
intending to do all
sorts of touristy London things
"The Tate and the V & A" I say
"Lie in park and read book" Vans says

An unsatisfactory asian lunch in Bayswater
is followed by an unsatisfactory walk in Kensington Gdns
the grass is not green, and frankly, after
Copenhagen, I am not impressed

We swing by the palace, and I take the obligatory picture

The Trafalgar, and on to Picadilly Circus
where we decided to play
"Vhere's Vanessa" at the Shaftesbury Memorial Fountain

On to Chinatown again
(In my almost 5 days in London, I will only
eat english food once, all my other meals
are asian)

Then somehow, back in Covent Garden
where we settle at the bohemian Neal Street Cafe,
just off the Seven Dials

Vans reads and I'm bored so
I tell her I am going to the loo and wander off

Its is then, that I find this temple of cheese
thousands! goatscheese, cow and ewe
washed rind and unwashed; soft, hard and blue
all there for the tasting,taking
with an array of accompaniments
baguettes and Poilane bread!
Poilane bread I tell you!

In my head I see dinner:
A loaf, a few hunks of cheese, a bottle of wine

I glided through the shop, tasting, touching
gently caressing
before I knew it 25 mins had passed since
I told Vanessa I was going to the loo

I held up my hand,
halting the gentle curve of the attendant's cheese knife
a whispered promise "I'll be back soon."

I drag Vanessa in
Oblivious to her disinterest at my enthusiam
she no likee cheesie

the attendant's and my joint cajoling
does not change her palate
15 minutes later, she is ho-ing and hum-ming
so I hurriedly purchase a wedge of hard and a wedge of soft goat's
and half a poilane loaf, we are off.

We amble back up to Soho
down Oxford St and Carnaby St
discovering this exhibition much too late
oh well


Finally, we head off to the Embankment
to meet our missed lunch date for drinks
and that, is where it all starts

4 comments:

the frou fr0u one said...

babe....tights!
i m so proud of u
i think dats why i miss u
no one to dress up with me here!!
can u believe it
i have like 7 tights!
haha

Eaglet said...

Frou:; My tights a bit cacat, no design design like yours one. I have 3! But I want more leh...buy one or 2 from china, keep for me in pg ok?prreeease!

the frou fr0u one said...

APALAAA
i bought heaps back here to sell
now all the pretty ones finish dee
:(
but i keep u polka dot wan ok?
coz i m tryin to stay in penan guntil after may's wedding then only head to fatherland

Eaglet said...

Polka dot?Can match one meh?Now autumn and winter coming I am needing thicker ones though, I'll see you in a month babe! Oh BTW thanks for telling chris to look out for me (=