Monday, August 28, 2006

Tipsy

Monday, bank holiday, 3pm and 4 (or is it 5) glasses of wine

We've had guests over, 9 of us all together
salad and Paella, tarte au citron with vanilla ice cream
and tarte of chocolat with peppermint ice-cream

I had 2 helpings of each, telling myself I'd go for a long walk this eve
but now I just want to have a warm bath
and while the day away in bed really
I can hear my heart racing in my head

Today is Bantum's(J3) birthday! And I feel horrible that Bantum had to call me
on his day but its bank holiday and I couldn't get
to the post office to buy a calling card!

Yesterday we went down to Cardiff Bay for the festival
its was glorious, free jazz concerts and tons of
little stalls selling french produce
(cheese, olives, pastries) irish chocolate, fudge
german bratwurst, middle eastern nuts
Took pictures of course but can't blog them

We came home after and I took a container into the back lane,
picking ripe blackberries off the brambles
they are mean, the thorns are
but isn't it just so quaint to pick berries in one's backyard?

It is a skill though, you have to be so delicate as to not bruise them
of course part of the fun is cramming the ripe ones
that you weren't gentle enough with into your mouth

I finished, my container full, fingers dyed red
"Lovely" NMTP exclaimed as I bounded into the kitchen
and we have blackberries with meringue
and cream fraiche for pudding that night.

I am mighty excited about my trip home in a month
my schedule is already crazy
Pangkor laut for the first 5 days (a wedding)
then 1 night in Penang, then 1 in KL
then 4 in Penang, then 2 in KL
then the last 3(2 of which are another wedding) in Penang.

Golly.

All planned out already. Seriously, I am so anal in the planning
I sometimes scare myself

On my headstone I suspect it will read
" Here lies Aja Ng, adoring wife,
loving mother, dedicated planner"

Cacat to the max.

6 comments:

Julsgp said...

wow hope when u come back u got 1 hour of time that i can steal? to lim kopi?

Eaglet said...

Surely canla, we will find some time (=

Shimmers said...

i see your plan also i feel tired... holiday supposed to be relaxing!

Anonymous said...

i know why they are called bank holidays (asked a friend fresh off the plane from london)! it's cos the banks are closed! ;)

actually, bank holidays are just public hols. this past monday was the last day of summer or some such thing.

no need to feel bad about me calling. was gonna do it anyway. :)

actually, your headstone will read:

"she planned it this way."

;)

Anonymous said...

ajang! how are you? i know i've been lurking the last few months, but worry not, i've been around, lol. i hope you have a good time in penang, we prolly wont see each other this year, but it's a small world, so who knows, :).

Anonymous said...

Aja,

Check out http://1899.com/index2.php or http://www.alphatelecom.com/uk for cheap calls overseas. You get free UK calls with 1899!