Friday, August 04, 2006

Topless old woman for my
dirty old man fans
I meant to get the twins on a young bird
but they weren't so keen on exposure
oh well

In the window a teenage girl sits, making waffle-cones
the smell is mesmerising, the heat is stifling

I go in, this store is reputed to better than the one on the opposite
end of town, this time
I have Liqourice, rum raisin and lemon sorbet
Sean insists on the one on the other end
so we traipse along

These two women, I walked past them in Dragor
A lacquered tray of coffee at their feet
a beautiful black lab beside them
a parasol shading the sun
bougainvilleas surrounding
and in between them, a plate of
danish pastries for tea

"How sweet"
thought I , "May I take a picture?" I ask
"Sure" they nod, then proceed to go on with their
conversation though there was no interruption

I kneel on the pavement
balancing ice-cream and camera
concious of my skirt soaking
in the puddle of plant water
150m down the path Sean is screaming my name
I snap

Later we sit at the pier, legs dangling
in the sea (ocean), seagrass brushing our soles
Sean makes me hold his bear so it doens't get wet
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! LAte for taxi ride to airport already but rare to catch you online so thought I'd say hi.

Hi. ;)

Oh, and welcome back!