Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Grass

No, not weed or Mary J
real lawn grass.

MTP and I are rolling on the lawn with BBB
"God I have this stupendous craving for chocolate, or ice-cream
or both", I announce

We chat idly about how I could be craving
When it can't possibly be 'that time' again
(it was last week)
but I am stressed out and old problems are revisiting

The seed that I planted in her head
takes root, and she asks what ice-cream I want
"Anything, just as long as it's ice cream, and a kit-kat"
then as an afterthought, "An apple"

"An apple?"

"Yes, an apple balances it out, good healthy fruit
balances out the decadence of ice-cream."

MTP rolls her eyes, then goes to the supermarket
as I feed then take BBB a-walking

Later when we are done with dinner,
she puts BBB to bed
I sip on a 12 yr old bottle of wine
while I wait
I have offered to take the baby monitor tonight
(he wakes at 6)
"But you haven't slept properly in days!" exclaims MTP

"Yeah but I am going, when's the next time you'll get to sleep
in?" I retort

and as I said, nice things happen to nice people

BBB is fast asleep
MTP and I are standing at the kitchen counter
me in boxers and spaghetti-strap top
she still in work clothes
we dig into a tub of Triple Chocolate
"We're so bad for each other" I giggle

"We're women, its allowed, this is what women do,"
"Yeah, but at least you have apple slices at the bottom" she tells me

"See, told you it balances it out!Less guilt."

Then we part ways.

Tomorrow, the verdict. I won't sleep tonight I guess.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey u..
i want the cheery u back..
the strong, the hard-headed,
the I-can-do everything aja ng back..

as much as I understand u are having a few glitches with ur plans, u shudn worry or lose sleep over it.. cuz u know deep under and dark, that u will surface..

good luck.
hope all will get nice, bright and blue-skies soonest..

god bless.