Thursday, August 17, 2006

Arr You Orright, Luv?

Well, it's been 9 days since I left Copenhagen,
6 since I left London
I'm aware there's a missing gap to be blogged
(all the party-party one lah)
but I refuse to do it without pictures.

So there! Hmmmph.

My days in Cardiff are like so:
Wake up, breakfast
watch Food TV with YM(young man) or read
have lunch, watch Food TV
have snack, watch Food TV
have tea, watch Food TV
Prepare/help prepare dinner, Food TV in background
have dinner while watching Food TV (see, got slight variation!)
have long warm bath
have dessert in bed,while reading about food

Okay okay, its not like that (not nearly)
sometimes we go out and buy groceries
or to the market, where we look at food

sometimes I have a shower instead of a bath

sometimes I have fruit too

and sometimes rather than food-books I read sagas about life in china during the revolution

end of pointless post.
_______________________________

Not.

I like Cardiff, it's a nice city but a bit (alot) of litter lor
I mean its like ranked 2nd for littering in the UK

A part of me really misses the clean, minimalist, modern, efficiency
of Denmark, BBB's gurgling laugh and MTP's company

But company here is great too
NMTP(new MTP) is producer/director type person for
a popular UK soap
but they are filming in Liverpool so she's
away weekdays leaving me with YM and Dadman

Dadman works in ..um..town..as a..uh ??
Dadman makes the meanest roast potatoes on earth!.

Anyways, throughout the day its just me and YM,
who is 13
we lounge around, do as much site-seeing
as my back will allow and cook dinner
(excuse me, supper)

Like yesterday, we made sushi starters with the freshest salmon on EARTH
can die, orgasmic
then it was supposed to be Dadman's turn to cook mains

but YM looked at me and said he fancied a full Japanese theme
so I made them Japanese curry to go with our
sushi starter
and they liked it, men are always easier to cook for
and oh-so-grateful


when Dadman comes home, we eat
they adjourn to the TV room,
I tell them I'll join them after my bath
but always get sucked in by the tentacles of my
comfy bed and that plan's out of the window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha Dadman! does he have superpowers? like, hanging 10 pictures with a single nail?

NMTP's got quite the sense of humour, shooting the cripple. i like her already.

glad that you seem to be getting along well with the new family. isn't part of the job educating them about YOUR culture? i shall google some pontianak stories for you. everyone loves a good pontianak story.

Eaglet said...

I really do think you'd like them! Come la, visit. We all can sama-same foodie. I do educate them about my culture! I cook too! Maggi mee is Malaysian!
(;

Tonight we are going for some jazz thing at Cardiff Bay =D