Friday, September 16, 2005

Operation Save Money

The other day
after some urgent financial probing
not just my own
but my friends too,
thanks to May and her statement
" Robert T Kiyo-whatchamacallit says people like us will never be rich babe"

I came up with
Operation Save Money
(and Operation Spend Other People's Money,
but we won't talk about that here)

One of the points in OSM
was to walk more
since the city is making more of an effort
to pedestri-fy our streets,
and I'm trying to beat the road-clog
and save on fuel.

So just now, I walked.
In the sweltering mid-day heat
The sun beat down upon me
the breeze fluttered through the leaves on the trees
the buses zoomed an inch past me
the ais kacang man raised his hand

and when I finally reached the cool portals of the BCB
the staff made me wait
for a very long while
and when they finally served me
I had to re-wait
because someone somewhere had screwed up something
(
I cant say incase someone reads and finds out)

The staff ignored me,
eventhough I stood alone
in the very middle of their service area
in my (aunts) bright orange sweat shirt
pretending to be a weeping willow tree.

I believe I went off tangent.
The point was that I set the OSM ball rolling by walking!

No comments: