Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Confession

The other day
I went for an SQ interview.
There, I said it!

I didn't tell anyone
cos I found it a tad embarassing
yet the lure of travel and good money
was too strong to resist

When I finally told Peter
he said, " Are you having a giraffe?(laugh?)
I should have said 'No I'm very pious'

The interview was on Sunday
but on Friday evening
I started feeling really ill
and took to bed

I woke up on Saturday
voice as hoarse as coarse sandpaper
Yet in the late evening
my ex and I
(he who had meetings in the valley)
took to the highway
and headed towards the bright city lights

We arrived at 10
I still felt like shit
And that feeling would be regardless of
whether I stayed in bed or
went to Velvet
so, I went to Velvet.

You know what?
This isn't working
I'm sick and in no mood to write
and if I'm bored writing it
you must be even more fucking bored reading it
and if you're still reading it
then you must really really really have no life

I'm just going to put up pics
that I edited
like Joyce's
yes, I willingly admit
that I sometimes borrow(copy) her idea
though not exactly exactly la
cos I'm nowhere near as good(or patient) with this editing business
and our writing styles are different
and I think she's brilliant brilliant brilliant
to have come up with such an effective way to story/picture-tell

I remember the first time I met her
at some Moet party at the
Crowne Plaza(incidently where I stayed this trip)

She was all alone
this tiny fairy, all *innocent* looking
and my two buaya friends thought she was cute
she spoke about blogging to one
then he said "Aja also got"
or something to that effect

Then we got talking lor,
then the innocent looking girl
told me her blog address
and I tried to keep myself from getting bug eyed at its name
then I kept bumping into her lor
anyway I love her blogging
I think she's like one of the country's pioneering bloggers
consistently funny and entertaining.

Oh blah
anyways, come interview day
Got selected for the 1st round
cos I could speak English properly
Got rejected during the one-on-one meeting
cos they took one look at me
and the just knew:
this girl ah, if PMS-ing surely will
tell a difficult passenger
to shut his trap and fuck-off one...

Smart move.

No comments: