Friday, July 01, 2005

Oh Baby Boy!

I just went to see my latest cousin
and the kid is damn
gatal okay?

Look at where his hand is.

His mother came over to me and said

"Hmmph, just like his father ", with a whispery smirk.

She is Japanese.

I've only met her less than a handful of times

and she comes up to me

cooing gently at her son

who is a snug little bundle in my arms.

Then gazing around at my mom and aunt

she says

"You all look alike,in fact, you look very like Aja"

"But I am Aja", says I

"Hmm yes...you look very very much like Aja"

"No, you don't understand, I am AJA"

Mother and aunt are still as statues, silently trying to contain their mirth.

Uncle comes, " SHE is Aja!

apparently saying the same thing but LOUDER, helps

"Is she Aja?, oh she is Aja.."

he leads his wife gently away

Perhaps she needs sleep.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who's the Daddy???