Thursday, July 07, 2005

Of Nazis & Chalk Smears

Last Friday
while attending the opening of Cocos
with May and Mo
an aquaintance approached
and ask if I could act
"I don't know, but I could give it a shot" said I
and thus today was the day
to meet the German producer
I came to work, dressed all slumber
no make-up, nothing
then I went to check myself out in the mirror
and HORROR
I was wearing a thin white shirt
and underneath
was a battered bra
that i hadnt noticed
had dirty looking smudges and splotchess
all over the cups
from a bad incident in the washing machine
so very very clearly seen
beneath my shirt.
So I rushed home to change
hurriedly put some make up on
and rushed to the meeting place.
Rushing out of home
i realise
Bali hobo bag
just won't do
so I climb up to bag mountain
and find one that matches
hurriedly transfering things/checking makeup/putting on shoes
in the lift.
The aircond was on full blast
to prevent make-up melt down
in such atrocious heat
but when I stopped the car
and leant to buckle my shoes
it blasted my stupid fringe
making it stick up in extreme ah lien-ness
I wore my pinstripe Zara pinafore
ala Chic Office Chick
but only later I noticed
It had detergent residue down its front
looking like chalkboard smears
or dried up cum.
Since I'm so not used to
make-up in the day
it kept irritating my eyes
I was blink blink blinking
away
I barely had time to
wipe my slick palms dry
when it was grasped and clenched...
the meeting was underway.
All in all,
it went well
besides some minor language glitches.
You see
he told me that I was to play a
Psycho Lady
but only later
I realised,
he meant psychic
Now, psycho I can do very well
but psychic?

2 comments:

Nina L-M said...

JUST your mouth? haha!! you're not too normal girl.

Eaglet said...

whaddya mean i'm not too normal....huh?huh?HUH?