Thursday, July 07, 2005

Of 7/7

When the Star first texted me about
the London Bombings
I was upset
because of innocent lives lost
and because I love London.
So I text my cousin

ask her if she, our family and friends are ok

she tells me that everyone is alright

"no worries, xxx" and etc.

The next day she texts me.

"I want Hokkien Mee!"

"So come back sooner!"

"No, I WANT it NOW!"

This is the day after the bombing.Things are back to normal.

This is her 2nd bombing (she works in the BBC building in Shepard's Bush and it was bombed a few years ago).

So, I'm finding it a bit odd that things are back to normal so soon,

Yet I am awed by the sheer strength it displays

in not just her, the rest of the Londoners as well.

At first all were shaken,

but now it seems like they're

thumbing their noses at the terrorists daring them to take another shot.

and so, London lives on!

No comments: