Wednesday, July 20, 2005

A Day of Weird Questions

Last night after a few games of scrabble
and some stand-up comedy
I fell into a troubled sleep
at about
half past four.
I woke up to the weirdest text message in a long time
it was weird
in content and sender.
This is a friend whom I'd pretty much lost touch with
in the past 4 years.
Once my confidante, bodyguard and personal masseur
We grew in separate directions
He moved away
became a pretty recognised model
I tumbled into a 3 year long relationship
that left the old gang far behind.
last Saturday he text
we met up
we text back and forth the day after
and 9 am today:
"Hey I was wondering...how sexy are you in the morning?"
and before I could even ask,
"Yes, the query is for you Aja".
Now what kind of a question is that?
Sexy as in do I look sexy when I wake up?
or do I look like a dishevelled blob of mussed up hair?
Or sexy as in do I feel sexy?
"Do you look sexy? Crusty eyes, nose? Voice?The way you stretch?
Hair?"
I thought about it.
Cute-sexy, I decided.
I wake up, stretch like a cat.
I sound huskier than usual.
I am a tangle of brown skinned limbs that slowly
unfurl to lengthen and stretch in front of the mirror.
It is a ritual.
I wake up, reach out,
twirl
and regard myself in all my glory
my last minute
unbound by clothing
before I have to face the world
and wear that sodding bra.
If I look fat,
well then you know how my day'll go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That settled,
we meandeared off to different topics
men, women, relationships.
And somehow, somehow..
the inevitable
"How come we never hooked up?"
came out.
"Because we've known each other for so long and
there has never been even an inkling of that sort of
attraction"
"But why?"
and despite my superb skills of diversion
he didn't let the topic rest.
Until I said that the fact that his bush
was bigger than mine would be too damn hilarious.
Why do good men friends always ask that question?

3 comments:

the frou fr0u one said...

no wunder he asked me for ur number....
beware of him....he is on this 'girls/woman' quest...
just gave him a long lecture bout why he needs to collect chicks (not singular but plural) to proof sumthin to himself n that life gets heavier as u get older n no one needs to pile all this shit on unnecessarily.
apparently he is bek...mebe to carry on the topic further wif ya? hahaha....
he kinda likes one of our frens too....(the one workin like hell to get paid well) hahha

Eaglet said...

Oh my god...he was telling me bout his messes too..he's such and idiot la!

the frou fr0u one said...

that he is
young eediot who wants to pretend he that he doesnt think he is hot but thinks it! haha