Monday, July 25, 2005

And So, I Present..

Zach.
It really is strange that he's never appeared here before.
Zach, my ex,ex.
We were what 4, 5 years ago?
If my life were a day of lessons in school,
Zach would be Chemistry.
Oh yes, back then it was magnetic,
try as we might, we couldn't fight it
and trust me we did try.
The first guy I ever went on a holiday with
The guy who cooked me afternoon tea while I napped
The one whose house I snuck into almost every night
oh we were drunk on love
Zach and I
for awhile we only existed as 'us'
then he broke my heart into a million pieces
and when he said he made a mistake
I turned around and broke
his heart
into a million pieces.


Yet somehow

we got over all that

and became the closest of friends

able to read each other's minds

to know exactly what would please the other

to finish sentences

to predict next moves.

We moved on with our lives.

He watched me prance around the world

and after 2 years of studying pharmacy

he said " I want to do something I am happy with too"

"So quit," I said.

"Go and cook, there are a thousand things you are capable of"

a week later, he quit and I almost had a heart attack.

But now, he's happy

every morning he wakes up

thrilled to be cooking and playing with his appliances all day

and I'm proud, happy.

So when Dinner on Emerald Bay came up

and I needed a + one

the perfect person

Zach.

and no.

We are NOT together.

3 comments:

Meng said...

aaah, i still remember the lines...

"but baby..."

u two were nicknamed "the babies"

Eaglet said...

Those were the days la.Was thinking about Selancer and etc..man we have so moved on!

Eaglet said...

oh Peter, you're just dying to be in his place (=
it was a 'posing' shot lah woay