Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Problem With Me..

is that I trust at the wrong times
or that I am too trusting
that I forgive and forget (some)
too easily
Last night I experienced a flood of emotion
where my heart sank like a heavy stone
and I could feel the blood leaving my face
It was reality slapping me hard
it was a feeling of utter disappointment
embarassment
disbelief
I had been so blissfully naive
that when the question was posed to me
the thought hadn't even crossed my mind
Then I was asked again
and somewhere in my mind
I remembered blogging in relation to it
and then there it was,
realisation.
I'm so wary
about exposing myself to new people
about trusting
yet the trust that I bestow upon
the people closest to me
I gave no second thought to
and now the violation of my trust
the mortification
at my naivete and its effects on others
is what I am left with.

No comments: