Friday, June 23, 2006

Swing Life Away

Oh yeah babies!
Percy is back in business.

But I miss Henry =(
Ho-hum, glum, bum.

You know, you know, you know, what happened yesterday?
MTP gave me a travelcard to get to Copenhagen by bus and train
cos if I drive, parking would be astronomical

So I left the house at 11.30
trudged 15 mins up the great big hill
to the bus stop
got on and you know what?

My pass.Expired liao.
Had to get off
damn no face.

Walk home. Get car, drive car to station to buy new pass
drive home, walk back to bus stop
take bus to same station new pass was bought from
take train to Copenhagen, 2.30

By the time I got there, I didn't want to be there anymore!

So I walked the cobblestoned streets alone
then came across Zara, and opposite it, MNG
Mahai they are always together
double-whammy,serious want us girls to kena
kau kau

I went in, and J3, it was the same as KLCC la
hyperventilating
and it's cheaper here!
Die, but I was so good, I didn't buy anything
(go me!)

Actually I planned to, cos I found two awesome
autumn and summer coats on discount
but when I went back they were shut
and when I go back to town on
Sunday to make the brownies
(must be exactly like Dome's)
that Sean conned me into making for him,
the stores will be shut.

Fark.

So I wandered and from hot and sunny,
it became blowsy, crazy-windy
whipping my skirt this-a-way and that-a-way
between my knees and up headwards
with me bleating 'oooh' and clutching, catching

The weather is crazy, like Canada's.

Then it started to rain
and I sought shade underneath the awning
of a quaint, dim looking bar called Long John's
I turned from the rain and from a grubby middle-eastern kid
asking me for a hand-out
only to see...
a jazz band preparing to play inside

So in I went
made my first CC transaction on Danish soil
on a bot...glass of wine
stood at the bar alone (the place was full)
and enjoyed some great be bop.

Which reminds me, next month is the great
Copenhagen Jazz Fest
so who's gonna be in town (nobody, I'm guessing)
well it's a good thing I do solitary so well.
(go me! again)

It upsets me that I will be missing
Roskilde though
no more goddamn tickets
at all, zilch, I even looked for work
but they have 2000 applicants
next year, fo sure. Anyone??

Oooh back on tangent
then I met my aunt
and we went to get Sean
he's so handsome man




will definately grow up to be
a football superstar, he has that look

We went for Chinese, munching on kirsebier
on the way
So good to have rice, so good to have spice
so good to meet 3 hokkien speaking people
though they looked at me funny when I said
'hogooder' (no, me!)

Then I took a cab home. 20 minutes,
150 RM (no!me!)
but its okay, MTP is paying, she didnt want me to
take public transport back at night cos I'm new
and that is why, I had no strenght to reply your email.

I love Percy,
I'm glad he's up, I missed him
now he's here I can listen to Swing Life Away
my favourite line is
'I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand'

The inside of my ears hurt when its too cold, like now
the temperature is averaging 16-20 C.

But YAY!Tomorrow, the nights start getting longer.
(=





Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOH WONDRFUL POST!!! GO YOU!!!

I envy your jazz experience. I so love jazz...and swing...actually I listen to everything genrewise...most anyway. Doh we shoulda been friends...haha.

Sweet potato on a jumprope...RM150 cab ride....but meh... cuz its in Euro doesn't sound too bad (bahagi 3?). You could get scalped AND ride a stinky sorry ass excuse for a cab in Malaysia with higher risk of crimes committed against you. Dont be too sad... earn back with savings through shopping at MNG... no wait...there's a flaw in my theory. Hmmm. Oh wait...somebody else paid. Whee...

Uh you better check your ears...not supposed to hurt INSIDE. But then again you have a different body than ours..lets do an autopsy a-la X-Files. Should be BURNING instead. Like Jack Frost putting a zippo to your ears. Frost Burn. Ouch. I know...

All in all nice to hear that you're settling in fine and having a blast.

Question: are danishes from Denmark?

Anonymous said...

babes.. i am planning to ber-Copenhagen ok.. mai meh? eee yerr

Bart: Why do I have this feeling that i am not gonna like you if I do meet you???
p/s: Euro .. bahagi 4.6 dei ;)

Eaglet said...

Babe, lu tisi ai lai?I'm free for 4 days starting 5th of June wor......

Yeah Bart's comments always border on offensive or like freaky. I don't think we know who Bart is. I don't know if we want to.

Anonymous said...

errr .. 5th July you mean? That week I ber-amsterdam-ing worrr...
I think If I can, I'll go to copenhagen sometime late july/early august.. over a long weekend or something .. see how la. but will definitely HAVE to meet you sometime, somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Aw cmon lighten up... we all need a little surreal stuff in our lives of which I am an ample supply... sorry if it offends...

Anonymous said...

So...about the danishes?