Saturday, June 17, 2006

Even The Weeds Are Purty

Well, this just sucks doesn't it?
Blogger is definately not Mac friendly, which means I have to use HTML to format
Which is just bullshit really

I expect you miss me?
Don't worry, its okay, I miss you too
lots

My darling girlfriends,
thank you for blogging (though only one did)
I won't be regular til I get Percy up
(his plug head is different)
so please do continue, or start (;

My darling family (not necessarily in this order ya)
Thank you for being what you are, loving me so much

Okay now that the Oscar speech is done...
My flight was pretty uncomfortable
being cramped in between a lanky eastern european beauty
and a complete weird woman
who had fit-like spells in her sleep and kept flipping her newly extended her hair
in my face isn't my idea of fun

We arrived in Amsterdam just past 5 am
where the mere sight of clogs and cheese and
hard rolls filled with tomato, mozzarella and parma ham
got me all excited

Even the McDonalds is trendy, tastefully furnished with
leather banquettes and frosted cube tables where pastel lights glow within
You know I took pictures, I just need to learn how to put them up with the Mac

Caught my next flight to Copenhagen
at half past seven am, arrived an hour later
and decided the Kobenhavn airport is amongst the best I 've seen
then walked right past my guardian at arrivals

Now, the reason I didn't tell anyone what I'm doing here
Is because I don't want anyone who's just bored of their job or Malaysia
to come out and apply without really being capable i'll spoil the market

I'm au pair-ing which is French for on-par
basically you live with a family and they treat you as one of their own children
generally they provide food and lodging, language classes, an allowance
some families go halves on the flight
but if you're lucky, some pay in full and there are of course other perks depending on the family

In return you do light house work and babysit the young ones
these things do come naturally to me
(because I'm anal about neatness and cleanliness and i love kids)
also, I 've lots of experience
au pairing is a global thing, not big in asia but big in most of the western countries
but if you're thinking of going this route, think it through, make sure you can hack it

otherwise 'Working Holidays Abroad' is a good thing to look into

I was going to write more about my arrival but
I think I'll start a separate Denmark blog
You l hear about it (=

I miss people more than I miss home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

babe, thats true, because it's the people that make home 'home'...you take care of yourself...and i can't wait to get the chance to go to Europe too...sigh...

Meng said...

walan. best-nya.
eh harro, ja? *ahem* dunno how to use mac? ask me lah. i'm a mac user/geek.

as for blogger, download Mozilla:mac and it can do all the formatting like a PC. cos Safari ain't good enough :)

take care.
have fun in denmark!cheers

Eaglet said...

Kev:Yeah I know what you mmean. I'd be so cool with everyone here with me, but food though...

Come, visit me!

Ah Beng: No la that was the first day, then after that I did some research, downloaded mozilla etc, so all ok, except picture posting, I hate iPhoto, but my new cable for Percy should be here soon, so all is good. Thannks, if I have questions,saya tanya lu.