Saturday, June 10, 2006

Au Revoir Aja!

Now, as far as farewells go, I have to say,
mine was super swell!

My girlfriends are the best! Thank you, you guys,

eventhough you did your best to make me cry
and I stubbornly refuse to til I am alone
I want you guys to know that I absolutely love all of you
and I will miss you like hell
and you guys keep me going.

I love the photo album, the songs and little speeches, the book, the notes
the lip balm and moisturiser (=
The night started with 'last night' dinner for Mayleen and my aunt
with the paternal side at CRC
(used to be my favorite chink restaurant, now I take that back)

During which, we discussed in great detail

hoisin sauce, methods of cooking suckling pig
and what my idea of sourdough bread is
(after I criticised my father's sourdough -big no no)

Then I went to Celeb Fit to say goodbye to 200RM
and went back to dad's to drown my sorrows in a glass of wine
with lots of bouquet but no body

At that table the discussion centered around:
1) The smell of rising dough
(I said fruity, winey, beery, Dad wrinkled his nose and said
"how can you criticise food if you don't know what you're talking about!")
When I come back, I shall make him some of my bread and he shall see
obviously he's never read Jeffrey Steingarten

2) Eyelash extensions

3) Whether Mayleen could get her ex to send some more
good wines

We then bid them goodbye, promising to be there at 5.15am.

We sailed into Bagan, to find everyone there
had a lovely time, and wine kept appearing out of nowhere
lots and lots of it (thank you!)

Presents galore and friends from the core (=

Roz learnt Racheal Yamagata's 'I Wish You Love' and sang it for me
Vanessa sang a beautiful rendition of
"I Will Always Love you"
and Celyn came and stood beside me
and said "Babe, seriously, you don't feel like crying at all meh?"

Kanneh le, if you all only knew how much
you mean to me.

Then there was champagne, before the wine was done
"Give it back," I told Mayleen
"No, we can manage" said she

Finally, I feigned a headache
no la, not feigned, there was a slight throbbing that I maximised upon
call it foresight, as it did get worse
and we all went home
eventhough Vanessa stood outside Bagan
murmuring " Supper?I'm hungry..anyone?"

We got home, flung off our matching
60's black and white polka-dot tops
(thanks babe)
and spoke random french to each other
before collapsing into heaps on respective beds

Now that's a good farewell!

No comments: