Sunday, May 28, 2006

Weird

I'm lying on a bright blue towel, upon a lush carpet of grass
the spindly, widespread branches of a 6-foot tall tree
separates me from a sky the exact bright, felt-y blue
as the towel I lay on

I gaze skywards lost in my thoughts
and suddenly my cheeks are wet
and I cry and cry
and the more I do, the more my chest tightens
and my heart constricts into a hard ball
my breathing gets shallower
the hollowness within me grows
I ache silently
for not a soul around me notices
and the next thing I know, I wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe I 'm (was) too happy

and something just had to come and rock the boat
and when your life is too peaceful
some sort of negativity has to manifest
to balance it out
something always does
or god has to throw you this curveball
"Hey, you think you're happy now huh? Well take peek at this..."

whether in nightmares or life situations

d
ecisions; to risk it, to ignore
to go to stay, to say or not
always, always so cautious, sticking to the plan
but then something comes along and
blows everything
out of the water
far beyond expectations
taking you by complete and utter shock
and you're left with your head in your hands

yeah, yeah c'est la vie and all that jazz.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

say. always to say. life's too short to leave things hanging.

i should also listen to my own advice more.

if you wanna chat about it you know how to reach me. :)

HumbleAuthor said...

I spent a long time in school to be a military planner, and one of the most important things I learned was that the plan should be the first casualty in any action... better to just be able to handle things on your own, ad-hoc, playing it as it comes.

Tough one for me to learn, too.