Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Summing Things Up

Its really quite amazing how things
can go from mundane to shit-just-hit-the-fan in the space
of mere minutes

Like today.
I came to work slogged emailed etc
then I went for what I thought would be a
nice family lunch with the arrivals, aunt and grandma
then my grandmother started
slurring in a way that just seemed all too familiar

After I had furiously demanded to know what medication
she had taken
determined it was valium,
and screamed at her because it could slow her heart down
so much she could die
("Die, die lah" was her defiant reply)
I paced up and down to wait for the
stupidfuck person who gave it to her
shaking like a leaf
while my uncle and aunt tried calming me by telling me jokes

seriously la, why don't people ever learn?

Not that it was solved but
I went home still trembling with rage
only to be confronted by a hysterical 3 year old in the elavator alone
I couldn't go up because I didnt know where to take her
and I couldn't shove her out and just leave her

finally after garbled jap-english I established she was on the
same floor as me
and carried her out to find a bewildered looking mother
and handed her the kid with a dirty look

then there's petty friend stuff which is just
too overwhelming to even bother with

my day.
sigh.
meeting now.

4 comments:

the frou fr0u one said...

what petty fren stuff ?
wut wut?
oh no
am i bein petty now
petty betty
kekekkeke

Anonymous said...

You are the petty one lar.. frou frou!

Hahahahaha...

Eaglet said...

You all damn cacat

the frou fr0u one said...

stevo called me petty
u r such a betty la stevo!