Wednesday, May 10, 2006

In Your Head

You know,
for a relatively level-headed, stable, mature young woman
like myself
I fantasise a whole shitload.

Like a damn lot,
and I don't mean sexual (well that too, but..)

wait maybe the correct term is imagine

like in the first 5 minutes of meeting a total
stranger that I may or may not feel
a slight attraction towards
I can imagine a whole lifetime with them

You know what I mean?
You can not really know someone,
have no intentions regarding them in real-life
or may have intentions, works both ways
yet have conjured up a whole lifetime with them
in your head

Like I could be having dinner with a girlfriend
but in my head it's 10 years down the road
and she's just stolen my husband
and is a real slag

or I could be driving a friend and having pleasant coversation
but in my head
we've been married 50 years and still spoon and hold hands

or I could be watching a movie with you
but really in my parallel universe
5 years down road
you've turned out to be a wifebeating
bald geezer who smells of onion rings

that kinda thing
*whooo psycho!*

I can't be the only one, I'm sure everyone does this.
Do they? Answers would be most appreciated.

And where the heck do I find time
to fantasise/imagine anyways?
Maybe when I'm trying so hard to take an afternoon nap
but can't ever because my body-clock
is a stubborn bitch.
____________________________

After I wrote this
*points upwards*
I tried to go to sleep
but couldn't, so I picked a random book of short stories up
and the first story I landed it was this
it goes like:

A woman is lenggang-ing in the museum
she spots a man; stands, admiring him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She goes up, they talk, 'click'
have dinner, laugh, make-out, make-love
and later they spoon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and then it cuts back to her still standing there,
still admiring the man in the museum.

Imagination.
Isn't it just so powerful?So fascinating?

11 comments:

Em said...

You should watch the Korean drama "My Lovely Sam Soon"... she's the champ of imagination :-)

Cee said...

Ok psycho.
I'm like that too, but i don't so much think of me AND them, but i kinda put myself in their shoes...like...i suddenly become that person, driving her bashed up 30yr old car...having 5 kids...screaming in my ear...life sucks, i have 10 bucks in my pocket....etc then i snap out.

or bitcharella who works down at the juice bar, who thinks the whole work evolves around her...*snap! thank god i'm not her.

appparently having a great imagination is good, it makes your relationships more colourful...and makes u a more lively person...

but sometimes i find it really unhealthy...like...(kinda drifting off topic now but..), i could be in a really good mood, then suddenly i hear a song and it could totally flip me into "sulky-pathetic" mood. u know. thats probably the darker side of the imagination. -
ok. i better stop.

the frou fr0u one said...

i m so like dat too babe
so no worries

it sure takes me away from the monotonous monocycle life i have now

Anonymous said...

phew, im glad this isn't an exclusive club.

i "wonder" more than i "imagine" tho. like, i wonder where that woman in that savvy is going in such a hurry. is she late for a meeting, maybe a hot date? did she have a good day today? what does she do? is she happy?

that kinda stuff. then i make up answers. i could spend a whole day people watching and making up life stories. i "know" so many people i've never met that way.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Your opening line is hilarious...you used mature, stable, level-headed to describe yourself. Wanna add celibate? Tee Hee.

'Wifebeating bald geezer who smells of onion rings' - AHHH its Kev!

Its ok. They have pills to cure your condition...I think. Heh. I think too much too fast till I sometimes cant sleep. But that's about it. Woot!

paradoxx said...

im guilty of that too...
imagining what random ppl are like..
catching a glimpse of chicks and imagining them in a wedding outfit.. imagining how'd they look like..
wondering why some ppl can be so moronic the way they are...

i dont think it's that psycho..

Anonymous said...

I was watching the Casanova DVD the other day... btw, Heath Ledger in tights, good in A Knights Tale, not so great here; also Siena Miller can be really hot (see obscure TV show called Fast Eddie), not so much here... anyhoo, so I was fantasizing about how great it'll be being Casanova and having copius amount of sex. Then as the movie progresses, I noticed that Casanova had to do a lot of running all over and on top of Venice. Dude's running from angry husbands, furious fiances, incensed boyfriends, spurned ex lovers and not to forget his friendly neighborhood tightass inquistidor. Now, I play pickup basketball bout once a week, but my lazy ass is no where in the cardiovascular shape to do all that running from pissed off folks. Plus, can you imagine living with without satellite TV, air conditioning, Prison Break DVDs, Italian car forums and Cheezels? So I figured ah fuck it, and went to grab a Coke from the fridge instead. So much for my fantasy.

Anonymous said...

Aja,

Imaging/fantasizing is not just for babes or psycho babes for that
matter. It's OK, guys do it too, or at least I do. Sometimes I'll
go to a busy place to "people watch" and I'll spot are very
attractive woman and then my mind will just take off with different
scenarios, lunch, dinner, hot sex, whatever, then I'll hear her speak
and the nails start sliding down the chalk-board in my mind and
reality rushes in like a freight train on
steroids. Wham...reality...run for your lives. :-)

Be cool.

P.S. have a chocolate covered blueberry...I bet you can't each just one. >:-}

Eaglet said...

Anon: I'll take your word for it (= Never seen a Korean drama before.

Pebbles: Songs totally do that to me too. In a big way. And yeah its not always me AND them, it could be me as them as well ;)

Frou: Heh. Yeah babes, it's cool though, I like making all these things up. I think the Mummy does it too ..

J3: Yeah so am I :D Aiya wonder/imagine same thing la bbut I suppose you don't move as far in the future as I do..

Bard: As you can see, others share my 'condition'. You're annoying. Is this why you have no friends?

Paradoxx: No la, apparently we're not so psycho, healthy exercising of the brain.

Gilaman: Did you say PRISON BREAK? I want. My regular supplier is gone, and I am up to Epi 16. SHare share share please?Pretty pretty pretty please?

Sienna Miller didn't look her best here, no I have not seen your Fast Eddie, but I did notice her in Alfie and couldnt take my eyes of her. (I'd do her if I were that way inclined) Heath Ledger..ermm ho -hum. Actually won't question why you were scrutinising him in his tights AND making comparisons. Casanova was a ho, and being a ho takes work and ain't so fun, think that was the movie's underlying message- Being a ho means you're always on the go.

U: What! You mean only 'very attractive people' get to be 'fantasized' about?And you don't go on after you hear her voice? Like what would I do if I were married to this woman and her voice was like that 24-7, would I buy ear plugs, would I punch her in her throat, would we compromise and use sign language?

Anonymous said...

Now I will feel exploited being around you.LoL!

Anonymous said...

I'm just kidding... its just that sometimes you make it so easy. I'm one of those people who push buttons even when I'm told not to. And I probably have some inferiority complex. Nothing personal heh. I have friends...we just push each other's buttons. Its just unfair here cuz you cant push mine.

All righty...now to go play in traffic.