Monday, May 08, 2006

Air Kisses & Nose Brushes

You know sometimes, I'm damn confused
as to what to do when I greet or say goodbye to someone

Like there are some friends that you automatically hug
but not consistently, you know?
Like must gage one
sometimes you hug, sometimes you just say 'hi'

Then there are the ones that
thanks to my 3 year training while with my ex
who hung out with all the expats and their Stepford wives
did the air kiss on either side thing

But then, I went to Canada and hung out with
Polish people who did it three times

which just fucked me up
because I'd meet people who did it twice
then those who did it thrice
then I'd do either side but the other person
would continue on and I'd feel like a total moron
for making them look like a moron
I mean how would one know who does how many?
just a confused head bobbing ritual

And now, I just don't know.

I mean the other day I mwah-mwahed
someone I've only met like twice
but then I realised that people I see
way more often I don't even touch

and my family, as close as we are
we never hug one
like when my aunts come and go,
I never know whether I should hug or not
damn weird

But hey, I have a month or so left
I've resolved to hug everybody
because hugs are goodshit
well not total strangers la, but people close to me
and not people with bad BO
so go smell yourself first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea babe, so agree with u on those moments with those ppl when ur just not sure whether to mwah-mwah or not...
or when you're mwah-mwahing a whole bunch of friends whom ur used to mwah-mwahing, and tiba-tiba come to someone u hardly know, a mere aquaintance whom uv hardly exchanged 5 words to...and u pause..cos the mwah-mwah just seems rather ..inappropriate???
Times like those, i just pretend i didnt see that person..and move on to the next mwah-mwah...woooops..
Too bad for them.
Hahahah...

Eaglet said...

Aiyer...so bad you. Then kena ppl say stuck up all. Anyways prepare for some squashed papayas when you see me (=

Anonymous said...

screw the mwah-mwahs. where do i get in line for the hugs?

i bought the family pack ticket and i aim to collect. ;)

Eaglet said...

wah!! You collected before I even read your comment!