Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In Response To A Question Posed

Late night someone asked me, what counts
at the end of the day, in a partner?

I guess at the end of the day

its not about who looks best
in other people's eyes or on your arm
that counts,
what other's say or what one's lifelong 'perception' of what their
partner should be.

Me, I've always had my 'idea' of the perfect man
and I've seen it change so many times
I've seen myself getting attracted to people I never thought
I would
but the more I got to know them,
the more appealing things became.

Its about the person who
gives you great big belly laughs,
doesn't have to say a word but
knows exactly what you're thinking,
who you can lay entangled with, in silence
and not worry about what to say next
to fill the moment
because the moment is already overflowing,
it's about comfort, respect, trust, stability
and knowing that here, you are home.

2 comments:

sic6sense said...

you think a lot but do you do as much?

Eaglet said...

I do what I can, which already, is a lot.