Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend in the Valley

Chick Reunion in Kuala Lumpur
Nights
One: The Girls Reunite (Moet & Chandon Party at the Crowne Plaza)
As soon as May and I got KL we descended upon the gang, a flurry of hugs, kisses. Everyone talked at once, as more bubbly flowed tongues got looser, laughs got louder, emotions grew stronger.
The do included 3 ex- Ms Malaysia's and a variety of other celebrity/model-type people but every head in the room was turned towards " Those noisy Penang girls", but did we care? Not!!
Champagne was coming out of our noses! I've never said no, but this time," Enough! No more Moet." I do prefer Veuve Clicquot anyway.
Later, us Three ( A dental appointment made us lose Tracy) swooped into Loft, followed by Zouk. The other girls were pooped, who should drive?I said I should!
(I realise I am writing in a weird fashion, but hell)
Anyways you know me, anything, anywhere, anytime to appease those inane food cravings, tonight it was Frog's Legs Porridge. To Jln. Alor we went, tapaued ( I am not called the tapau queen for no reason) to the hotel. Where May threw a fit at the parking guy (definately not fit!) for lack of spaces for our car to fit.
Checked in. I opted for the floor, was a sleepy bore.. and the other two talked til four.
As morning came, May's phone would ring, again and again, oh it was such a pain!
Two: Luna..and then the Loft?(was toss)
At the top of Menara Pan Global, sits a shimmering little jewel,
A bar thats fit, for a reigning czar,
So there we sat, with Lychee Martinis
I assure you, the crowd, were not from the boonies
God. I have to stop that.
Memorable things about Luna: Some Scandinavian guy told us a disgusting gay joke within the 1st minute of meeting us. ( Good one man, sure scored some brownie points there!)
It was very hot and humid. Being so high up, alcohol went to the head faster. The drinks were good, the pool inviting, the height fascinating.
Off to the Loft. Packed. Tired. Supper. Passed out in LWD ( as opposed to Little Black Dress).
Three: Dinner at Modesto's, Mambo at Velvet
To start: Bruschetta, Escargots in Garlic Cream, Carpaccio
Entrees: Rib-eye with Mushroom Sauce, Spaghetti Vongole, Roasted Lamb Shank, Grilled Rack of Lamb
Dessert: Apple 'n' Cream Pizza
As you can see, we 3 had a sumptous dinner with Sunny. Plusses on food, company and ambience. Then we headed to velvet.
We looked the bomb, together. I really must say ( not to blow my own trumpet) but one hot girl on her own?..bah..THREE girls, all hot and different WOW!
It was inevitable that each were ''on call" the entire night to help others beat unwanted men off with sticks. Tell me, do I have a sign on my forehead that says "yes,I am a bimbo, gawd please, I want to be picked up and have my arse grabbed by sleazy men using cheesy pick-up-lines"?
Some personality, some respect, some restraint and some humour, please, is that too much to ask?
I wore this stupid dress that I bought in Canada. Black, Short, Slit from chest to mid-driff, looks good, but uncomfortable as hell. Always wondering if my boob or arse was exposed. Not worth it. Will never wear that dress again.
Its up for auction, any takers?
Supper at a mamak, by a drain full of rats. Home at 6, just in time for Oprah!yay!
(thank you Oprah for helping archive butta's closet)
Slept @ 7. Woke at 8.
( Thank you bodyclock for making sure I am up for work on time, even on weekends when I am hungover and don't work)
Days
One:Bon Bon, Bangsar
We had a long, lazy, caffiene fuelled lunch in the smoky blue haze of Bon Bon, a chic french bistro a`la Parisienne ( okay, I'll admit, didn't try the coffee, only a dry martini)
Lunch was shared.
Amuse Bouche( daily complimentary small starter-like tid bit) : Some truffled mushrooms on toast thingie....
To start:Duck Rillette in Filo Pastry, Seafood Bisque with Armagnac ( french distilled white wine liquor), Caesar Salad ( us girls need our greens)
Entrees:Squid Ink Risotto with Baby Octopus, Char-grilled Beef Ribs on Foccacia, Spaghetti Pomodoro with Freshwater Prawns.
Dessert: Lecka-Lecka Chocolate..
One word: Divine
Two:Alexis Bistro
I had Onion Soup and Caesar Salad. (as you can tell, it was nothing to shout about)
Vanessa had Chicken Rice. SO so so Good!
5 bottles of wine and 4 hrs later, lunch was over.
All the time in between was spent walking around shopping malls, having coffee, and mostly getting ready to go out..
And thus,'days and nights' in KL.
Thank you Jenny and Rene for your comments, you did not leave email adds, so I could not write personal msgs!(=

No comments: