Sunday, March 06, 2005

Mother's Day Special

Today I woke up with the mother of all hangovers, my friend Ross said, "How appropriate since it's Mother's Day". So here I am, hungover, feeling like an electric drill is whirring at my skull and to add to that the confusion of: isn't Mother's Day in May?
As it turns out, only the UK celebrates Mother's Day today, March 6th.
I had to drag my sorry arse out of bed to come online and verify that fact.
Last night, it didn't take me long to discover that Cosmopolitans and whiskey waters fuck you up fast. Very fast. Pretty soon the bad music..haha.. didn't notice it anymore. By half one, I was ready to go. But how could we when it was me that dragged everyone out in the first place? Ana had not even wanted to attempt Chillout.
She
did it for me.
(hmm come to think of it, have a vague memory of her bringing some guy over cos may and I said he was cute?..was cute, but we axed him cos of accent)
Which brings me around to why we were out in the first place.
You see, I had a hard day (nothing new?)
Okay, I woke up early, had a long meeting on bloody Saturday morning, then met family, after that friends, for coffee..bla bla. Cutting to the chase, later that night: my whole family and I bumped into my ex and his new girlfriend/companion/fuck-buddy.
It didn't hurt (that's not a lie). It just threw me off, I mean, I knew she had come to visit him etc. I just didn't expect to see them, and its basic human nature to go into shock after you see your ex-partner of a few years with someone else.
So picture this, my family members(5) and I are sitting down to eat, and my hands are shaking so badly that I cannot attempt to lift the spoon from plate to mouth, for they will see and be alarmed and over dramatise and assume that I am still in love with him and that I will eventually get back together with him and that will go on and on and on...
What could I do but text the girls and give them a reason for us all to go out and get drunk?
Anyways, pretty soon, I had other peoples problems to listen too and all was fine with the world again.

No comments: