Friday, March 11, 2005

All That Jitters

The latest: On Me
I purchased a new laptop that has yet to be delivered.
I decided to stop smoking lastnight (huh..lets see how long that lasts!)
( see, even myself doesn't have faith in me....)

I had a good time and great dinner on 'The World'.

Posted by Picasa

(pretty lazy to write about the world, so if you wanna check it out, www.aboardtheworld.com)

Dinner was:
A trio of starters: Foie Gras Pate, Sweet Cream of Corn Soup,
Salmon on a Green Bean Salad

Main: Beef Fillet on a Fresh Pea and Potato Mash,
Tiger Prawns on Saffron Risotto, Roasted Shallots
(the meat was tender, flavoursome..ahh)
Dessert: Chocolate Fondant with Raspberry Sorbet and Mango Coulis.

I will not attempt to describe because it
will make me drool over the desk
.

So, he did decide to leave Johnson with my dad.
I dropped him off at lunchtime yesterday and watched in horror as he
almost immediately jumped into the pond trying to
hunt down my dad's carp.

What's even worse is, he is too fat
(okay its the way the pond is built too)
to get out on his own so someone has to dash out of the house
and save his arse.

And it happened at least 7 times (labradors love water) yesterday,
i guess that being his first day,
it either gets better or WORSE from here.

I am anticipating many raving,
frustrated phone calls from dad over the next month,
fuelled by grandma's nagging.

Aside from that though, Jon loves it.
He has never before been set free in such a big space,
he went crazy.

After the dips in the pool he proceeded to roll around
in the dirt, scrabble around in the foliage,
and attend to his followers (the 5 beagles follow him around,
so its a long line of dogs running, looping around the garden).

His cream coat that his father has so lovingly washed
with apple-scented shampoo earlier, is now the colour of milo-peng.

This is where my heart broke:
After dinner the dogs settled down for bed.

But my dog, who has never slept out in the garden,
or in pitch blackness before, started to whine.

He is used to clean, crisp, sheets.
The warmth of a human being who loves him, next to him.

He is used to being scratched before bedtime,
having his ears rubbed and coat combed.
And now, he was outside of a strange house,
with strange dogs, away from home, bed, and warmth.

I watched him as he went to each individual dog,
nuzzled them, trying to wake them up, then eventually
moving off to his own corner and going to sleep.

Oh god was I sad. So I left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aja!

I sincerely think u should write a book and get it published. U WRITE SO SO WELL dear :D