Monday, August 08, 2005

Player 101

After a weekend surrounded by
Players and Ex-Players
I fled the haze filled valley
for sea-breeze and coconut palms
on the shores on Penang

For Sunday brunch, I met up with
2 ex-players
that have recently settled down
into parenthood and marriage
with two other players..

As for the song in the post below
I reckon
that's a bit of what happens
when two players meet
and sparks fly
but they are too afraid to
give up Playerhood
and their hearts.

They also gave me
The Speedy Guide to Playerhood
after I had a free refresher in the courses
Most Men Are Bastards
&
Once An Arsehole Always An Arsehole
(no matter how cleverly disguised)

This weekend in the valley
exhausted me
I found myself sleeping in
getting into the office at 2 today

But not in a million years
would I give these weekends
up
with the girls

They keep me sane.

Like Butta, Vans and I
lying in bed
at 2 pm on Sunday afternoon
each taking turns to finish
the sentence
"My girlfriends and I....."

Like Saturday lunch,
just the four of us.
"Yes, I know, I look like an aunty ok?"

Like during a game of Taboo:
May practically jumping up and down on her seat
going "Donald Trump! Donald Trump!!"
when Vans went
"Okay, he travels on the Air Force One, he came before Bill Clinton.."

or Van's quizzical silence
when may said
" the saying goes girls are made of -dash- and spice"

The usual all-round
love, drama and partying
the usual places
yes, that new place velvet


Deep, soul searching talks
interspersed with
racous laughter, bitch-fits
tears, confessions, mind reading
and minimal sleep.

This is my therapy.

No comments: