Friday, August 05, 2005

Its Just Not Happening


I'm just not happy today
though i should be

After work, I'm zipping to the airport
arriving in the valley at about half nine
to freshen up at get to the
Velvet Members Party by ten something.

I should be excited
thrilled
anticipating impatiently

but I'm not.

Something has put the damper on my spirits.

Last night I dreamt
that I was sleeping with a man

We were intertwined in each other
our legs wound around
one another's
he held my hand as I slept
and my hand held his other hand
which held my other hand

I remember dreaming that I couldnt
really sleep
from being so aware of his every breath
and
that he too was aware of my every breath
we were both drifting the fine line

between a trance-like snooze
and deep slumber

I remember that everytime I moved
as little as a twitch
he would snuggle up
pull me closer
and kiss my neck, my face
or rub my arm
as if making sure I was okay
or
still there

I opened my eyes
alone in my bed
the vastness of my room
projecting the emptiness within
me
with such enormity.

And this is why,
I feel so out of sorts.

The first time I spent the night
with my ex
we slept like that
just slept
spooning, enmeshed
the width and warmth of his chest
surrounding my back
and when I woke up
I knew with such a certainty
that I wanted to be with him.

Yet this dream
was that
but so much more
and eventhough
the man remains faceless
I can't help but feel
a deep sense of loss.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A dream about the man of your dreams?

According to dreamhawk, a man appearing in a lady's dream apparently means:

The man might represent your felt relationship with a particular man, or males in general. In this sense the man portrays the power of your own womanhood, indicating whether you can meet male energy with your full female energy. The man might also represent your ability to question social conventions and to attack issues with thought.

If that makes any sense.

Anonymous said...

dude, she's just lonely

Eaglet said...

I'm not lonely la, its just a dream that has been read into too much and threw me off. A sign of impending PMS?
(=