Monday, August 08, 2005

My Adaptation of A Song

The sun is streaming in
Over us
Spooning, entangled
You, me, the sheets
I turn
You pull me closer
Half asleep, kiss my cheek

I drift away

Awake to find… you’re gone
When were you here?
I don’t know

Alone in bed
Your hair on the pillows
Surrounded with the scent of you
The loneliness strangles me

Were you ever here?
I don’t know

Two people

Too scared to admit
to a need
Too scared to listen to their hearts
or take heed
Too scared to open their mouths
just say it

Afraid to
say it

Afraid to
listen to it

For that would make it too real
And we would have to deal with the
Consequences

So,
we
turn our heads away
Too chicken to take that leap

Believing that denial
will quell it

We drift apart
Trying to say ‘come back’
In an open mouthed silence

You will not
see my scars

You will not
be my drug

You will not weaken my resolves
With the tenderness of your touch
You will not, you will not

You will not
Knock me off my feet
I won't allow it

I’d rather yearn in silence
Than expose
My heart

No comments: