Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Graphic Designers! Anyone?

In light of Gayle's departure from
my working life
and
(from the looks of her blog)
the world wide web,

I have become closer to my Bosses and colleagues.
By closer I mean they are
more exposed to my weirdness.

Yesterday, Gabe hardly batted a lid
when I asked him
if he played any sport
and whether he has a belly

Aaron said "Sometimes"
when I asked him if he talks to his belly

Then he poked me with his stick
(so he could tell his friends that he poked me with his stick)

Aaron said that I have lost fans in his friends
because I went to Pangkor Laut with
A Guy

Oooooooh
come on la
did I not very clearly state he's an ex boyfriend
my very good friend?
its bad enough when people who do read me
misunderstand
but when people who dont know me
misinterpret as well?

Yes, people can be friends with the exes
yes, a male and female can spend 24 hours with
each other
and not have sex

ever heard of companionship? conversation?

anyways, where was I?

my Boss merely continued our meeting
eventhough I interrupted with
"Man, do I need to shit"

and the other day during
a meeting
with Steve, Hin, Capes and Gabes,
Aaron said, " Shoot in different positions"
and I said

"Oooh, I
likeeeee"
But it was as if the men didn't see me!

Bloody hell, I just looked at my subject line
I am sooo digressing.

Graphic Designers.

Why are they all bloody chinese-ed nowadays?
When another advert that I had so clearly
loved in my head
came out all skewed and chinesey

I mini-ranted at my Boss
Get me English- Speaking!!! for god's sake!
I want someone who bloody reads the accompanying texts
understands the concept, and designs accordingly.
and he said
"You have no idea how hard that is"

according to him
its all gone topsy-turvy
the Chinese students are thronging Art and Design
while the Amoh-ed are going for Business and Accounting

Is this true???

4 comments:

Meng said...

unfortunately, that is very TRUE. i'm one of the very few english educated graphic designers around...back in college, there was only 2 english-ed in a class of 28 ppl. the rest are all (of course) chinese-ed. sad isn't it? they just don't get it. they design to showcase their technical ability, they disregard concept and copywritting. their famous excuse "Sui mah! boh meh?"
penang is now officially dominated by chinese-ed designers while all the english-ed designers are running away to kl.

grrr...

no wonder my boss treats me like gold :) heh heh heh

cheers

Eaglet said...

oh damn it. Can't I lure you over here?
(=

Anonymous said...

All the English-ed are in client servicing, that's why. Imagine if it were the other way round. Chinese-ed client servicing writing job briefs, I dare not even think about it. On top of that, if you send this jokers to meet the client to present creatives, the clients will have a tough time understanding them. Sui mah, bo meh? Kekekeke...

Eaglet said...

Good point(=
I suppose that's why I also have to meet the clients...
definately should ask for a pay raise.