Saturday, March 24, 2007

How I Suck At Lying

The Bee,is a really bad influence
because like me, he loves his food
except, where I have(had) reins, he does not

So we will have pudding, apple pie, ice-cream
chocolate, cheesecake

And everyday we watch our bellies expand
and because he lies to me and tells me
"I'll love you even if you're fat"
I give in to these whims
and stuff my face.

So, if you remember Worcestershire, the night
where the Bee went on about aliens
and I went on about fried chicken..

Well, those cravings had to be appeased

so a week after we got home from the country
the Bee and I snuck out to the local chinese
at 6pm (appetite spoiling),for some southern fried chicken

We wandered about in the cold devouring our chicken and chips
knowing we couldn't go home, because we'd be told
off for ruining our supper
then, satiated, we went home
"Don't even mention we had chicken and chips,"' I told the Bee, poker-faced

Half and hour later, we were served supper by NMTP
Pasta Puttanesca, but I was so full I could hardly make a dent
in my plate, finally, I pushed it aside, said to NMTP
"Sorry, this is lovely, but I am really full"

Then NMTP looked at me, knowing immediately something was up,
lowered her glasses to the end of her nose

"Are you not feeling well?"

"I'm fine,just full"
I said lowering my eyes
Then it dawned on her

and in my head I watched her grow 5 times her size
while I grew tiny as an ant;
It was as though only us two existed at the supper table

She fixed me with a steely stare and boomed
"What did you eat?"
and me, I cowered "Chips," whimpered
and then everyone at the table gave me looks of disdain, disapprovement
and the Bee, looked at me like
"Man you tell me not to tell them, but you break at first sign!"

No comments: