Thursday, March 01, 2007

Ferocious Is What I Am

I lie awake for about 600 seconds listening to the
sounds of the house waking up above me
when NMTP comes down its 7.15 am

I spring out of bed and go out
"Good morning!" she chirps
"Good morning, says I, I am going to be wrecked by tonight."

"Why?"

"Could hardly sleep, excitement!"

"And how old are you?" she asked as though there is
an age where excitement should cease

"I think I will clean!" I announce

"Well, thats always good," says she.

I have 9 hours to kill.

By the time NMTP has come home from taking YM
to school I have hoovered the 2 floors above,
swept and mopped the kitchen,
put my washing in,
cleaned windows, mopped the upper floors;

"Your absolutely manic, your boyfriend should visit often!"

I start on my bathroom.

"Are you having breakfast?"

"Yes, soon" I say

Bathroom done, I sit down, feeling tired.
I have a slice of toast, some tea; I havent brushed my teeth
or gotten out of my pyjamas
I literally sprung out of bed and grabbed the vaccuum cleaner.

"My whole family, they're all like this,
in fact when I clean, in my head I can see this long line
of mother and aunts behind me, wending like
a snake, doing some sort of cleaning dance."

I go and lie in bed, 10 am
I try and sleep, try counting backward from 50
I think I may have dozed off for 15 mins
I jump out of bed, its still only 10.45

I tackle the downstairs with the hoover
then take it upstairs
"Surely you've done everything to death" says NMTP

"Ah, but not my car!"
she laughs

So I hoovered the car, cleaned the insides,
and now its noon.

What now? I ask you?What now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about stopping to take your pills? Your chill pills...