Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Is Best Spent with A Bottle of Wine (alone)

No la.
I'm not so sad.
I did have wine, champagne to be specific.
Alone, yes, while I was writing.

Then I had a very happyfiying conversation with someone
from Scandinavia
so happyfying that I actually walked down 13 flights of
stairs to stop from getting cut off in the elevator.

Gurney Plaza was packed
Er.
Come on la, the most (supposedly/wannabe) romantic day of the year
and you all go to Gurney Plaza?

All these couples clutching hands
sitting across from each other
staring down at their food
their menus
their hands
SilencE
anywhere but at each other
Oh joy!

Suckers. Get original people.
Why do you have to be told
when to be (try-hard,hardly genuine more pressure) romantic?

So anyways, they clogged up all the restaurants!

Scene:

40 mins til movie starts, we need fast-food
everywhere; Dome, Mc D's, Fish & Co, Sushi King
are choked.
Nat doesn't want to go to Pastasia because there cannot smoke.
She's very grouchy.

Nat spots a table at Nando's
Aja makes a rush for it, and sits

Waiter comes up
"I'm sorry miss, we have no more chicken."

Aja got Pastasia.
We watched Prime
I'm not such a great fan of Uma
but she can act, I is respecting the talent

Prime was probably one of the only movies that
I truly enjoyed in the past 6 months
Engagingly funny romantic comedy
that's predictable, but not-so
Go watch.
Oh, and I'd watch it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine a situation where u are with the person u care about and you are sure he loves you too, is not going to cheat on you... wouldnt it be nice to cel val day with him?

Eaglet said...

Of course it would. I'm not saying it wouldn't/isn't. I'm merely saying that no one needs to be told exactly when to have a romantic day.

These things should be done on a regular basis, as and when one is inspired to, love should always be celebrated.

But where is the magic when it is overpublicised and there is so much hype? Almost every couple is compelled to join the Valentine's Day bandwagon, for some it's just a once a year thing, when it should be an everyday celebration and that is just sad.

Its sad when every girl holds the same generic bunch of roses, the same soft toy, lollipop and what have you.