Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm Very Proud of Me

May is browsing at the jewelry store
looking at precious metals and sparkling gems
and I am bored shitless

yet I stroll beside her and try to concentrate on honest opinionating
but Tesco keeps distracting me
but I promised to do this
jewelry-gem-girlfriend-thing with her
and she's heading farmways soon
so I do my utmost

until she looks at yellow gold.
I.cannot.stand.yellow.gold.

"Babes, please please please can I go to Tesco?" =(

"Okay honey, just don't get lost" she says, patting my head

I'm very proud of myself

because on that day I walked the food aisles of Tesco
for over half an hour
and was drawn to so many things (so much I tell you!)
that made my heart race
yet I walked out
without
making a single purchase.


Good or not?
Anyone who knows me, knows that the supermarket(food)
is one of my favorite places
ever
and supermarketting is a supertherapeutic thing to do
yet that day
due to a superior display of willpower
I withheld.

Phwoarrrrr.

I'm still stunned
today.

No comments: