Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Marriage, Shhmarriage

What's with it nowadays?
Everyone is breaking up and its all the long-long coupled ones.

Just now the girls and I were chatting about my singledom
listing out my criteria
spouting differences between those
I am drawn to and those drawn to me
They say they wish they had the wooing that I am getting
I tell them,'but what is wooing when you have love?'
they tell me I could have love if I wanted
that I just need to give people more of a chance.

Falls on deaf ears though
I mean, if I already know that it most probably will not work out
why get into it right?

And yet,
I remember myself giving someone the very same advice recently.

So here I am chatting chatting with a buddy
then he lets out about another break-up
(* culprit claps hand over mouth and gives Aja wide-eyed look*)
from a marriage that inspired me during my break-up
and I am completely, utterly stunned

"What??But how?" I sputter

"Oh no! I sooo wasn't supposed to tell you
cos you're so cynical.
Now you'll never let anybody in or give them a chance!"

Where got?Where got?
Where Got,
I ask you?

I'm not cynical I'm just cautious.
I believe in love, relationships,
that somewhere out there exists a good man
created just for me
hahaha
Aiya.I just dont believe in investing in something
that has no potential to grow ..and that makes me one picky bitch.


aiya I dont know la
bug me with all this deep shit for what
I have my period
second time this month
as if once isn't enough.

Biartttttttttttttttttttttttttttttch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same thoughts myself. You aren't alone. And I'm a guy...makes it worse? Male bitch. BTW what is that style you use to write. Intrigues me. Seems like a Haiku but not. Intentional perhaps? Personal style? I esp. like the "says I, says she" quotes.

Eaglet said...

I try and write it the way i think it, piece it the way I see it. Personal style I guess.(=