Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Everything Is Broken


Here I am, first day of
my period, majorly cramping
in hormonal hell
trying to deal with feeling like my heart is shattering
over a reason that wont be mentioned
crying over stupid emails

Why does my heart feel like it's breaking?
It has no reason to feel like this

I have no reason to feel like this
I know it's stupid, yet I can't bloody help it

I am not even listening to 'kill myself' type of music
in fact I've made concious effort to listen to upbeat stuff
even the special kit-kat left by some kindly soul
in my tray
has failed to lift my spirits from the doldrum

I want the world to go away
I want to curl up in a ball and hide with the covers tucked up to my chin
in Henry

I want to pound the walls

I want to hurl the neighbour's
stupid, green nine-headed dragon with
red, blue and yellow flashing lights
and smoky effect fountain
thats left out in the common area,
off the balcony
I want to do the same with their dog and its incessant barking

I want to know why she doesn't even acknowledge things
take a step
why I allow myself to even be so goddamn affected

Why I say so much, yet so little

Why do I feel like I have nowhere to turn to?
When I know that I do.

Loneliness consumes me today
swallowing me up in a depressive funk

I want to spoon, I want a hug.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you gonna eat the kit kat?

Eaglet said...

hahaha Des, yoou can have the bloody kit-kat, I ate 4 in bed on Monday night.Can't afford anymore.

Thank you Flo!
muax

Anonymous said...

babe, try the new dark choc Kit Kat special edition! Saw it in Guardian.

Eaglet said...

Butta: You try first la!what am I... Guinea Pig?Cannot eat so much chocolate.Ermmm but you can...hehe

Anonymous said...

felt exactly the same way on my day before and first day of period...yesterday...everything looked BLEAK!!