Saturday, November 12, 2005

You Will Always Be Inside My Heart

Forgive me, I am melancholy
and listening to Utada Hikaru.

In approximately 160 hours
one of my best friends will embark on the journey of her life
a migration, a marriage
a whole new life.

and yes, its been a niggling thought at the back of my head
that i push away eventhough its insistent and consistent
I really don't want to think about it
know it or face it
we've never spoken about it
she and I

until today.

we spoke
me in my 3 and a half inch heels
towering over her slippered petiteness
we told each other
"I'm going to miss you, you bitch"
we anticipated the tears next week
we said 'special' things that no one else is supposed to know

You know, I've always been picky with the people I get close to
and May and I, we've had our falling-outs
we get grouchy with each other
we tease, we laugh
we rant, we call each other for reassurance
support, or when stuck in traffic jams
we go and have char kway teow without the kway teow together

I'm gonna miss you, you bitch.
I love you, you knoe?



2 comments:

maddy said...

Hi Aja ...
You don't really know me but I stumbled upon your webbie and read about May. Are u refering to May Lin? I'm maddy here and just returned from the UK, been trying to get in contact with her. She's leaving soon ? like when ? I would really like to see her before she leave, so if you could please pass a word, that would be great. thanks!

Eaglet said...

Hi maddy,
email me at aja.belle@gmail.com and i'll give you mays number (=