Wednesday, November 16, 2005

East Xiamen Delicacies

After yesterday's long day
I decided that the perfect place to clear my mind
would be East Xiamen, on Love Lane


yes, I know, location wise it's a bit dodgy
but I fell in love when I reviewed it
and it does indeed relax me
just takes one back to a time when
life moved at a slower pace
and the food is always delightful
so off I headed..

then I spotted another interesting looking place on Chulia St.
so I decided a stroll after dinner.

From there I passed old fashioned budget hotels
Bookstore cum tour agencies
temples, B & B's, stores selling all manners of trinkets

and before I knew it,
no more tension, there was so much beauty to divert my thoughts

Penang is damn nice man, if you know where to look.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really interestin blog, girl, the pics are really cool, i've actually found urs one of the best blogs on this site, or atleast compared to all that I've seen!!! ppl would actually think of comin to Penang just to check out the place and of couse 2 meet u... :)

Unknown said...

And Chameleon DVD Centre at Prangin gives good service too.

Eaglet said...

Thank you Ivory (=
Tiger: never been there before, I usually go to BT. F

Meng said...

the best way to appreciate penang is to be a tourist. or a wannabe tourist.

Anonymous said...

Hey i live in a place quite similar to Penang, tourism is the main industry here...there is whole party scene that goes on here, even most of the locals are not aware off, but i still feel that livin here beats just visitin the place...but ppl could look at it from a diff perspective too ;) Really speakin, i'm quite sick of the party scene here, rave and acid parties are so common, gosh..u need a change once in a way...but i love this place, no matter what :)

AF said...

I remember that last picture. It's right in front of the back gate, next to the canteen at SXI. Forgot the name of the hotel, wan hai? whatever.

They used to have this white board up by the door with: "Che Peng Bo Kei" :D