Saturday, November 12, 2005

Whisked Away!

After my rant yesterday
the chef called, out of the blue
"Coffee?"
I ummhed and ahhed, but not for too long.

As soon as I got in the car
he informed me in a very matter of fact tone
that I was being abducted and would not be returning to work
and I thought 'hey, what the hell?' I've been working like a bitch
and a half anyways.

So we talked, about food of course
both of us foodies.

"Why the fuck do they have to come up with these fancy names?
Why can't they call it as it is?
Who the fuck cares if its Sultans Saffron Cous Cous
or Timbale of cheebye and foie gras?"

he ranted, while I clutched my sides laughing.

I got high on coffee
we strolled the boutiques
we talked about love, or lack thereof
then we went up to the bookstore
and sat on the floor like 7 year olds
perusing Jamie Oliver and Emmanuel Stroobant
hungry from the food books
we sauntered down for a jumbo beef sausage
with ketchup and mustard.

companionship is so important,you meet the people that you click and grow completely comfortable with, and you know, this is for life.

on a different note. I really miss streetdogs man
polish sausages, spicy italian
scorched on the grill while you wait, your breath misting in the cold
a steamed bun, mustard, relish, onions, sauerkraut
heaven!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooo so it WAS you after all that was wandering around gurney plaza yesterday afternoon :)

Eaglet said...

ahh..flo..I make myself hungry lah!
hahaha yeah, pontenged work halfway, you guys should have said hi!

Anonymous said...

we wanted to but u did a 180 suddenly away from coffee bean ;)

Anonymous said...

WHEN YOU WANT POLISH SAUSAGE YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT... :-)

Anonymous said...

WHEN YOU WANT POLISH SAUSAGE YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND IT... :-)