Friday, May 04, 2007

Summer Is Come

I am sitting here in the garden, sun on my face
behind me the herb corner sends it perfume forth
basil, rosemary, chives, sage;
while all around the flowers are in bloom
pink, white, red, blue, yellow, fleshy petals
bright, pushy, bleeding their scent into the air
the birds are chirping, incessant.

Casper, the cat that I have grown to adore
is sound asleep under the rose-bush,
he is so cute I want to pick him up and bite a hunk out of him.

Summer.
How the weather has thrilled us the past week,
nothing but blue skies,sunshine, but not so hot that
you sweat like a sumo in a sauna, just the right temperature,
where the sun keeps you warm, the shade
is a tad too cool, so you are forced into the sun.

I guess you don't really appreciate the endless good days
we get in the tropics unless you live in a country
where there are four seasons, most of which
the weather is shite.

I love how the people seem to worship the sun,
out in droves at the park, picnicking, walking
holding hands and eating ice-cream

That's where I should be, the park;
But laziness is me.
I tell you a secret, I really really really want to be in the bathtub
I I'd feel guilty for wasting even half an hour of this glorious day

When the Bee was here, I'd often find my bath run, candles lit,
water frothy with bubbles and relaxing scents
and he would sit beside me in a chair while I bathed, or I would give my
bath to him, and sit, until one coaxed the other in
then we would lie back in the water, listen to music, sing.

In one of my favourite songs, there is a line
"I never felt alone, til I met you"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Third Eye Blind's Deep Inside of You?

Eaglet said...

=)