Thursday, May 24, 2007

OK, Here We Go

I have just belly rolled out of bed and
I am not a pretty sight.

You know what my problem is?
Double-booking.

Always always the inability to say, 'No, I am busy."
This is why not only am I having lunch with Chun today
but when Daddy text to ask if I wanted to banana leaf I said 'yes' too
and if I am not mistaken, ah May mentioned lunch...

Go figure la how I'll solve this.

Yesterday was the same case, promised dinner with Chun,
then Ana text,'dinner?'

Aja: I'm cool

Ended up incorporating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemme tell you something, boys, girls and muppets
one of the best, crucial things to have in your life
is a good group of friends.

One who you can meet up with and rant, rage, spew your guts
who will be supportive or painfully blunt
who will make you laugh and cry, who will gasp with
envy, or surprise and say "No, you are not being psycho"

Yesterday I woke up in a rage, I snapped at mom, I snapped
at my aunt, I snapped at the Bee
I growled and pinched my face into a frown,
I took my bad week out on everyone in my path,
crushing insects with my fist 0_0

But then when I got into the car and thought
"Girlfriends!" my mood miraculously eased

I got to the restaurant, Ana was waiting, slammed my
bag on the table and said "I need a drink!"
Ana had already started (=

Then I told the waitress very politely
that answering "The normal one"
when I ask her what type of red wine they have, is simply unacceptable
Then I went to the bar to show her what they had and possibly
teach her how to read.

Cel comes, and we all sit holding in our stories,
everyone must be present before the spilling begins
otherwise, we will have to repeat and repeat

I beg for tidbits of the latest news, I have been away a week
Then as we wait, I can stop myself no longer
and start talking; my bad week, my plans gone down the drain
my fears, and 'am I being irrational?', ' Is this going to work?'
'would anyone else react this way?'

Then ah May emerges and we hug and cry out, dinner winds down
May and I come back to mine, we talk, make good points
point out the differences in each other since we last saw each other
they tell me I am more patient, more the 'woman' now, more domesticated
I say dogshit.

Cel calls and we try and get her to come,
I tell ah may its late and she accuses me of chasing her off
then tries to lure me back to her place
with promises of more alcohol

=)

Thank god for girlfriends! I think I'm going to make a button.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee...to think of all the stuff I have missed out on by being a guy. Typical guy gathering...*grunt* *scratch self* *make crude jokes* *brag/tell outlandish stories* *talk about girls/football/wrestling/girls playing football or wrestling/etc.* *physical abuse* *verbal abuse*

...I wouldn't have it any other way...to the guys out there...can I get an Amen?

Anonymous said...

Ordering wine by the glass in PG isn't too different from goldmining, you never know what you're gonna get. I had Kelly's Promise this one time, and I was ill, put me off reds period.

Anonymous said...

*physical abuse* ???

what kinda gatherings have you been involved in dude? lol!