Monday, May 14, 2007

Dodgy Bastards

Its so hot that I can sit still and sweat.

Anyway, I was going to meet U-Rod for pre-dinner drinks
when I parked at the Blue Mansion, and since I was early
decided to stroll down to Penang Road to buy
a couple of straw hats to shield my delicate skin from
the sun's damaging rays.

The catcalls started, the strange men I would pass who would
murmur and mutter, I make swatting off gestures with my hand
they mistake it for me not understanding
"Jepun-ah?, Thai-ah?"

Tell me, if I was, would I understand you?
Jeez. I walk briskly not catching anyone's eye.

A guy stops his motorbike and whispers to me
I jeling at him, walk past him, he rides past me,
stops up ahead again, I ignore him
about to lose my temper and tell him to fuck off
when another sleazy wanker pops up and distracts me.

Fucking hell, what is wrong with these men?
How can they be so sleazy, so slimy, how can they
stare so openly, how can they be so fucking rude?
What do they think? That they have a chance?
That some girl they meet on the street is going to be attracted to their
disgusting winks and etc and actually start talking to them?
Its appalling, is this how tourists are treated too?

I forgot about this country, no respect for females.
(Not all of you of course, only the low-class, uneducated wankers)

I quickened my pace, bought my hats and couldn't face
the walk back so I took a langchia back to where I needed to be.

Walked into the pub, and who should I see but my ex's ex.
The one he cheated on me with for a year.

I asked to try the house white and it was bad.
Er, welcome back?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody's still got the moves...
=D

Anonymous said...

welcome back indeed ja! lol!