Friday, May 04, 2007

Fat Is What I Am

When you have a warm body to press up to
(not random warm bodies, just one)
a comfy bed, a pile of movies
and a fridge full of goodies, fat is what you get.

Add to that a 2 week holiday in the Dordogne, home of
walnuts, foie gras and truffles, where each day is planned
around meals,
Where copious amount of wine is sipped, swirled and slurped
accompanied by stinky, sweaty, ripe cheese,
well, fat is then definately what one gets to become

Add to that a weekend in London with fellow foodies
and people in love, fellow alkies and good company
where food food and drink were abundant,
of course fat, is a given.

So, fat is what I am.
And next week I return to the continent of thin,
the continent where even before I got fat, I was fat
Oh! Goody looking forward to those old aunties
pinching my face and telling me I look 'healthy'
or worse 'prosperous'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so happy that you are coming back...but next week?...ange will be there in london...but anyways...welcome home and hope to see you...in indulgence, maybe??