Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ugggh

Boys and girls, family and friends, my colossal apologies for sucking eggs at blogging.
I am a failure. I'd tell you to spank me but...uh, I won't.

Well, I've been back in this country for almost 2 weeks
and I must say, this is not how I envisioned homecoming to be.

Initially the plan was that I come back, intern in a commercial kitchen,
open a restaurant; the Bee would come here to work and all would be
fine and dandy.

But it took me coming back to find out that that was not to be,
that my plans were shot to hell, and while the Bee is still in a secure position
I am on tether-hooks because I am stuck here now, unable to do what I
planned for almost a year to do and half-heartedly applying for jobs I don't want.

Shit hit the fan bad and its really hard to be strong and optimistic.

Anyway, I am looking for a job.
And my boyfriend, who I asked to move halfway across the
world to live with me and I will no longer be able to live on the same island together
which puts an enourmous strain on our relationship because of his jobscope.

This is bollocks. But its depressing as shit so I'll change the subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I went back on assignment, Little Penang Street Party this Sunday people!
Come with me.

After the assignment I dropped by at Daddy's where Sean (6) sat on my lap
and showed me how to play his videogames.
After 15 minutes of oohing and ahhing though, I grew bored,
this is when he turned and said "Aja! You're not paying attention!"

Later, Bren (8) came home and during his shower, kept breaking off to shout
down and ask if I was still there and say that he didnt want me to leave.

Sean wants to know what time I am leaving, '6' I say.

Later Daddy brings 7 particularly good durian specimens home and sets to work opening
them, while brothers and I each pick up a piece and skip out into the garden,
walking the length of the grounds til our piece is finished.

"Look at those snails!" I say peering into the pond
"Its a nautilus shell snail" says Bren, matter of factly
"Cool" I retort
"Cool in this context has the same meaning as great," says Brendon on my right
On my left, Ssean pipes in, "Cool means sejuk"
I am so tickled.

We traipse back into the house for more, for every piece he gives us each
Daddy nicks the end bit, the best bit
" Hey! no fair, you cant steal the end bits!"
"You choose... missing end bits, or nothing at all?"
-_-

At 7.15 I get ready to leave
Sean comes up "Aja you can't leave!" He says pointing at the clock
"Its not 6 o'clock!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chin up, kiddo. What kind of job are you looking for? Be more specific. We internet people might be able to rustle up something for ya. =D

¥võÑňĚ said...

Hey IF you really are desperate there are job vacancies in my company. www.dreamgatecorp.com look under careers..DUH... you can pass me ur resume IF you want and I'll put in a good word to HR. That is if you want la. Hey tell your BF to help me get a job la. HA HA. I am looking to wanna work there. But I know it's not easy. GRRR...